Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Hamburger meat

I buy my hamburger meat in big packages on sale and then I divide it all into small portions for meal making. I divide in small portions because you get less meat in your meal hence it's cheaper and healthier as well. We all know well that cutting down on meat is a wise decision.

The baggies that I use to store my small portions of meat are snack baggies.
You can get sandwich baggies and snack baggies, the snack baggies are probably about half the size of the sandwich baggy.

If a recipe demands a pound of hamburger, I'll use my baggy which might be half a pound, and I'll add more vegetable to take some of the place of what was supposed to be all meat.

Saving pennies on baggies is great, but don't reuse those meat baggies even after washing; toss in the trash.

No comments: